Ingrid & Isabel Bellaband | The Original Maternity Belly Band | For Pregnancy

 

Ingrid & Isabel Bellaband  The Original Maternity Belly Band  For Pregnanc
Ingrid & Isabel Bellaband  The Original Maternity Belly Band  For Pregnancy on Amazon.com

About this item

  • 84% Nylon, 16% Spandex
  • Imported
  • Machine Wash
  • MATERNITY ESSENTIAL: The Bellaband Maternity Band is the OG maternity belly band - patented and original, and everything you'd want in a seamless pregnancy band. Made in Turkey.
  • HOLDS UP UNBUTTONED PANTS: Designed to function as a seamless waist extender, the Bellaband lets you wear your pre-bump and pre-pregnancy clothes longer, and allows you to transition back postpartum easily.
  • GROWS WITH YOU: The Bellaband stretches and recovers to its original shape, offers extra length for complete belly coverage, and adjusts to your changing body throughout every stage of pregnancy. Follow the size guide to find your perfect fit.
  • LUXURIOUSLY SOFT: Features an ultra-soft, seamless, and tagless band with a stay-put silicone strip that holds everything into place. The Bellaband is available in Black, Midnight, Nude, and White.
  • LIGHTWEIGHT & BREATHABLE: Made of 84% Nylon and 16% Spandex, machine wash warm gentle cycle with like colors, only non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry low, and do not iron.


Ingrid & Isabel Bellaband | The Original Maternity Belly Band | For Pregnancy Mama approved everday essentials

Ingrid & Isabel Bellaband  The Original Maternity Belly Band  For Pregnancy from bump to baby.jpg

Miss J

Reviewed in the United States on July 29, 2016

Size: 2Color: BlackVerified Purchase
I waited about a little over a week to do this review so I could be as accurate and honest as possible. I'll start with the shortlist & below that will be the full details if you care.

My stats:
27-weeks (6.5mos) -- started using at 25weeks
5'11"
Pre-Preg size: 8/10 (29) pants, Sm dress, Sm shirts
Pre-Preg Measurements: 36-26-39
Maternity Pants: I have (2) pairs of HM size 12 skinny jeans that fit perfect
1st baby, all belly
Size Ordered: 2

Pros:
- Hides that my pre-preg pants are unbuttoned and/or unzipped
- Good stretch to the material for a growing bump
- Nice fold-down option for the smaller bump
- Smooth appearance under a shirt, even when folded
- Doesn't roll if you pull it down to just below the belt loop

Cons:
- Strong chemical smell out of the package
- "chemical" made me itch uncontrollably & feel nauseated
- After hand washing to release chemical the fit is not as good

Details:
I finally purchased this item after a day a work where a coworker laughingly pointed out that the "rubber band through the button & hole" hack was no longer working because my zipper was no longer staying up, but she was impressed that even pregnant I was still wearing beautiful undies. LoL!! **I'm no longer embarrassed because I've been naked in front of so many doctors & nurses throughout this high-risk pregnancy that it doesn't even matter anymore.** Anyway, I received the package directly from Amazon in the Ingrid & Isabel packaging & since I was about to head out I was excited to wear it right away because that meant I could wear my pre-preggo pants & would have a lot more outfit options. I opened the package & was greeted with a VERY strong chemical smell. I haven't had much sensitivity to smell but asked for a 2nd opinion, my friend said it smelled like it came straight from a factory in China. I set it outside to air while I did my makeup and then got dressed. When I put it on, I didn't smell it much, and my initial impression was that it fit PERFECT. It was fitted all over, but there was clearly enough stretchable room to grow into. Unfortunately, after about 3-hours I was feeling nauseous, slightly dizzy, and my stomach & the skin touching the band was itching like CRAZY. It was definitely the chemicals from the Bellaband. Now, I've never had irritation to any materials or chemicals in the fabrics. I wear anything from forever 21, H&M, guess, seven for all mankind, it doesn't matter as long as it fits & has a cute style. THIS was a problem! I got home & my stomach was red from all the scratching, but no visible skin irritation. I immediately put it in the sink with cool water to hand wash it (see photos), I expected to see black dye run out--as per usual with cheap clothes, but what I saw was shocking. THE WATER TURNED YELLOW. Like country time lemonade yellow. Whatever chemical was it it was running out. I snapped a couple photos, then added laundry soap. To my surprise, no black dye ran out. Only yellow. I did many washes & rinses until the water was virtually clear & no more yellow (probably 4 or 5 hand washes) and let it air dry. I wore it again 2days later and it didn't fit the same. The bottom has a clear maybe silicone/rubber "banded line" that grips the clothes & keeps a nice snug fit, however, the top half that covers my upper belly is baggy now. Even when folded the top half is a bit big. I know that I'll grow into it eventually, but I likely won't fit into my pre-preggo jeans once my belly gets that big, so it kind of defeats the purpose. I also took a photo in a fitted non-maternity tank top so you can see it does have some use. Without the band, the top would otherwise roll-up & and my unbuttoned pants would def be exposed. The lines under the shirt are all from the band bring folded & no longer "fitted" at the top.
blehblehbleh

Reviewed in the United States on March 20, 2018

Size: 1Color: WhiteVerified Purchase
I love these. I bought a black and white one from the Ingrid website a few months ago. I bought two more in white this time and couldn't be happier with them. Don't get a knockoff, you'll end up frustrated. They hold up my prepregnancy jeans all day long with no problems. I can sit, stand, bend over and I don't have to mess with them or readjust. It doesn't seem to get stretched out over repeated uses either. I place the silicone band around my hips, hike the top up under my bra and it covers the totally unzipped portion so I can slip a shirt on over. It looks like a tank top under my maternity tees or other shirts. The only thing you have to watch for is that (for me personally) a very smooth fitted pre-pregnancy shirt would probably allow the silhouette underneath where your pants are open to being slightly visible. The ruching of any fitted maternity shirt or any long loose shirt hides it entirely.
Amy Frank

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 17, 2018

Size: 2Color: MidnightVerified Purchase
A very useful product, especially for early pregnancy and the first appearance of the bump. This belly band seems to uniquely have a silicone strap to grip your trousers. Now that I am 21 weeks I don't find it comfortable enough for everyday wear, because having unzipped trousers plus a belly band leads to a lot of bulk around the hips, which makes my bump feel weird. However, this band saved me when I had to go to a formal work meeting as I could still wear my nice trousers, just with the band covering the unzipped top! Otherwise, I would have had to try to get some formal pregnancy trousers, which seem like a waste for occasional use.